Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C – the new generation of wood protection
Colours and protects in one single layer
Rubio Monocoat has also brought two revolutionary changes in the field of wood oil production:
production of wood oils based on molecular bonding technology
in addition, these products are 100% solvent-free, so they do not contain any harmful or toxic substances, volatile organic compounds that could be released into the environment during the use of wood oils.
Let's take a closer look at these processes, learn about the special properties and advantages of Rubio Monocoat wood oils over other products on the market:
1. Molecular bonding technology: this means that we do not treat the wood surface by saturation, but when the wood oil comes into contact with the wood surface, the oil particles and the wood fibers form a molecular bond with each other. Due to this, only the top layer of the wood surface is able to absorb oil, which means that it is outstanding and, on the other hand, means that it can be worked on and repaired without staining. If we have to take a break during the application, resuming the surface treatment after a few minutes, no overlaps will appear on the treated surface.
2. 0% VOC content - solvent-free: Rubio Monocoat considered it important to take environmentally conscious steps in the production of wood oil even before the introduction of the current, stricter regulations, so from the very beginning it worked to make its products completely solvent-free. Thanks to molecular binding technology, it has succeeded! Harmful substances have become completely unnecessary, while the undisputed quality is guaranteed.
3. Fit for food - food safety certificate: the certificate awarded by Eurofins shows that RMC Oil Plus 2C can also be used safely to treat wood surfaces that come into contact with food. According to this, it can even be used to protect and paint the surface of wooden spoons, wooden shovels, other kitchen utensils and worktops.
4. Toy standard - toy safety certificate: this European directive regulates the presence of certain substances in connection with children's toys. Our Rubio Moonocoat Oil Plus 2C and Hybrid Wood Protector indoor and outdoor wood oils meet this standard, so they can be used on any wooden children's toys, such as outdoor climbing frames, swings, children's furniture or indoor wooden toys, mats, children's cots.
5. Wet - can also be used to protect wooden surfaces in contact with water: as the wood oil adheres to the wood during application and does not form a film on its surface (as opposed to thick glaze) but remains open, its effectiveness is not affected by moisture reaching the wood surface. The two-component solution is excellent for the treatment and protection of wooden kitchen and bathroom surfaces, wooden floors and counters.
6. VOC-free fast drying: we are all aware of the nasal-squeezing solvent odors and many inconveniences associated with prolonged but absolutely necessary ventilation during home renovations and remodeling, and we all want to prevent harmful substances from penetrating the entire home. These annoyances can be forgotten with Rubio Monocoat wood oils, as they dry out without emitting volatiles and are extremely fast, so they can be used with confidence in any season, even indoors.
7. Unique colors, color combinations: one of the biggest advantages of Rubio Monocoat wood oils, and what makes it really unique on the market, is that our colored oils not only protect the wood in a single layer, but also provide a beautiful, intense color to the surfaces. In our wide range of colors, you can easily find the right one or even mix it up as a combination of several colors. Moreover, with the help of our unique waxes, you can add natural aging, smoky color effects or other exciting effects and contrasts to your wood surfaces. With the help of our samples, you can easily and quickly perform tests on specific surfaces.
In addition, the Rubio Monocoat product family offers many options for treating outdoor wood surfaces, such as our increasingly popular Rubio Monocoat WoodCream product. It is a hydrophobic wax cream wood paint developed primarily for softwood, outdoor surfaces that do not require abrasion resistance (eg facades, fences) and has a unique color palette. With a wide range of colors, everyone is sure to find the shade that suits their needs. Thanks to WoodCream's special technology, it protects your outdoor wood surfaces with a pearlescent effect, increasing their water-repellent ability. Self-cleaning, its use reduces the spread of microorganisms (algae, molds, fungi) and the risk of frost damage.
More information about our products is also available on our webshop.